When the temperatures start to drop, it's time to reevaluate your skin care regimen. This year winter is hitting us quite a bit harder than we at least on the west coast might be used to. During this time of year, we rounded up some of the most important things you can do to keep your skin healthy and glowing.
1. Avoid taking long hot baths or showers. Hot water can rob the skin of its moisture. Instead, use moderate-temperature water for shorter periods of time. This might seem counter intuitive during the winter but trust us your skin will thank you!
2. Moisturize More. Even the oiliest and most acne-prone skin among us aren't immune to dry skin during the winter. If you already have dry skin, you need to pay extra attention to ensuring it's kept properly hydrated. Check out Beauty Info Zone's article to see what moisturizer of ours she's loving!
3. Pace the Peels. If your facial skin is uncomfortably dry, avoid using harsh peels, masks, and alcohol-based toners or astringents, all of which can strip vital oil from your skin. Instead, find a mild foaming cleanser, a toner with no alcohol, and masks that are deeply hydrating.
4. Exfoliate dry skin with a gentle body scrub. We recommend exfoliating two to three times a week. You can create your own face mask at home with natural products or find one already made. Just rub the mixture all over your body in gentle circular motions, and rinse off.
5. Use a humidifier to keep moisture in the air. Humidity helps keep skin from drying out. The higher the heat indoors, the less humidity there will be. That's why you should make the extra effort to make sure that your air has the perfect level of moisture.