Long, lazy summer days make thinking about keeping up with your regular beauty routine a bit of a drag. And while you can reduce much of it, particularly if you’re going for summer’s hottest looks like beachy waves or easy updos, and minimal makeup, there are skin and hair issues unique to the best season that require a whole other arsenal of tricks.
If lazing around on the beach with a book until the leaves start to change is your idea of summer perfection, then we’ve got some simple and effective must-use beauty hacks to keep you gorgeous and glowing all season long.
- Chamomile tea bags can relieve razor burn. That delicate skin around the thighs and bikini line is easily irritated by shaving or waxing. If red bumps are your summer nemesis, just brew up a few chamomile tea bags. Allow to cook and then gently rub along the irritated area to reduce redness.
- If you don’t love shaving every day (and we’re guessing you do not), you can slow hair growth a tad by sugaring instead of shaving. Not as painful as waxing and easy to mix up at home, sugaring can make summer smoothness easier than ever. (Watch a tutorial here.)
- Say hey to apple cider vinegar. Keep your hair color longer by spritzing the hair with apple cider vinegar. ACV is known for being able to help colored hair keep its color longer, especially if it’s frequently exposed to sun, salt water, or chlorine. It’s also your BFF for taking the sting out of sunburn, too.
- Keep frizz away with a simple DIY oil solution of equal parts avocado and coconut oil. Pour into a small spray bottle and spritz then smooth away the summer frizz.
- Baking soda is going to be your summer BFF. Use it as a dry shampoo, or just to give hair a bit more shine. It’ll help keep pores smooth and blackhead-free. And if you go the self-tanner route unsuccessfully, just mix up a baking soda and water paste to remove streaks.